A L Construction Nottingham Limited is a trusted local company offering Garage Conversions in Clifton, Nottingham and the surrounding areas. We can help you to transform your cold and underutilised space into a warm and comfortable room, adding space and value to your property.
Garage conversions are typically used to create family rooms, bedrooms (with or without en-suite bathroom) playrooms, home offices, kitchens or utility rooms. We also carry out â€œpart garage conversionsâ€, leaving part of the garage available for storing valuables, small vehicles and other belongings.
Our Clifton, Nottingham Garage Conversions Include:
- Removing the existing garage door and installing a new concrete lintel for the new wall.
- Changing the levels of floor and ceiling if required to make sure that your new room flows seamlessly as part of the house, rather than feeling as though it used to be a garage.
- Installing windows and doors to bring light into your new room.
- Installing the insulation and heating to ensure that the new space is comfortable and warm throughout the year.
- Electrics and lighting.
- Any plumbing work required.
- Plastering and adding quality fixings and finishes.
You can trust A L Construction Nottingham Limited to see your garage conversion project through from concept to completion. Some conversions can prove quite complex and may involve liaisons with the Local and Planning Authorities.
Most garage conversions do not require planning consent, but we would check this for you with the Planning Authority and if required, would submit the plan 6-8 weeks before the work is due to start.
We would make sure that all Building Regulations are adhered to. This is an important aspect of the conversion to ensure the safety of work and guarantee build quality. We would submit our plans to the Local Authority and make sure all work is compliant with these strict regulations.